Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

My of 18 months has 2 lumps on her chest nesr her chest

Customer Question

hi my young bitch of 18 months has 2 lumps on her chest nesr her chest bone
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: she is fine just these lumps they dont seem sore
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Queenie and she is 20 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Queenie?
Customer: no she is very healthy and has been spayed and she is full of beans and very happy just felt these 2 bumps when i was brushing her they are soft and spongy bumps about 2-3 inches and there seems to be 2 side by side
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely these lumps are either scar tissue from rough playing or Lipomas which are fat deposits. If you can get your fingers all around these and they are not painful, they are fat deposits. It may be near the mammary glands that have enlarged for some reason but nothing to worry about. If this is scar tissue, which is the most common cause because young dogs like to play rough, these will resolve on their won in time. There is a minor chance that they could be an abscess or infection but if they were, they would be painful to the touch. If this happens, see your vet.

I believe that Queenie will be fine without any treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****