Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I nee to get My Aussie to the vet shot, He does not like

Customer Question

I nee to get My Aussie to the vet for a shot, He does not like other dogs, and it willbe very difficult for Me to get him there, i need to get him mellow so I can handle him
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Nothing wrong, need to update is shots
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He is not in pain
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Name is ***** ***** 65lb 5yrs old, just a wqonderfjul dogs, always with me very protective
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: DUKE
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about DUKE?
Customer: No very heallty
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible for you and Duke.

When was the last time Duke saw his vet?

What is your zip code?

When you take him in public, do you use a traditional leash and collar?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He was past at the Vet 3Mo ago zip code 61354, Yeas tradional lease & collar and a muzel
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not wat a call !!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want a call me!!
Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we are unable to prescribe any medication through the website. It's actually illegal for any medical provider (human or veterinary) to prescribe for any individual that we don't have an in person, hands-on relationship with.

That being said...the best option, since Duke saw his vet about 3 months ago, is to give them a call and explain to them how difficult he is for you to handle, and to ask them to send out some medication to help sedate him for the trip in. Since he was there recently, they should have no problem with it.

Another option would be to contact a mobile vet...a vet who comes to your own house to treat Duke. If you're not sure where one might be in your area, you can go to: ***** ***** plug in your zip code. They'll help you find one in your area.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Lisa