Anna
Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Experience:  35 years training & showing dogs. Written articles for Dog Fancy, Dogs, Dog World.
6012901

Yeast in s ears. What is the best diet? I feed both Yorkies

Customer Question

Yeast in his ears. What is the best diet? I feed both Yorkies all natural chicken steamed along with gluten free rice.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Caesar is 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Caesar?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Dog
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in canine health. I have cared for my own dogs holistically for over 20 years. I'm sorry to hear that Caesar is having a yeast problem.

Holistic vets recommend that dogs with this problem be fed only meats and vegetables - no grains not even gluten free rice, no potatoes, etc. The chicken is a good base. You should add some vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, parsley, squash, Brussels sprouts, celery, green beans, yellow beans, cucumbers, collard, kale, lettuce, and spinach.Vegetables need to be added gradually. Introducing them too quickly can result in diarrhea. When you eliminate the rice, you'll have to provide more chicken in order to provide enough calories. It's also all right to feed some organic plain yogurt (no flavors or sweeteners). You didn't mention a calcium supplement. When feeding a home made diet, this is something many dog owners overlook. You should add 1/4 teaspoon of bone meal to every 1/4 lb. of chicken you use. If you don't, your dogs will end up with a deficiency of calcium.

Holistic vets also recommend an all natural treatment, along with the diet. Here is one:

https://www.purelypets.com/shop-by-aliment/immune-support-a-infection-fighters/azmira-yeast-and-fungal-detail

If you have more questions, just let me know. It can take as long as a year to clear up such infections. I wish you success.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service after you have all the information you need. I will greatly appreciate a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you!