Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 9 year old lab who had one fatty tumor removed

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old lab who had one fatty tumor removed about 6 years ago. Now he has multiple fatty tumors and one, under his belly, that has grown very fast and is now without hair and red. I am taking him to the vet today but since he is 100 lbs and a senior, I am a little apprehensive on removal. Are there alternative treatments available. He still eats well, has arthritis in his hps but other than that, he is a happy camper
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you attach clear pictures of these lumps that worry you?
2) Have each of these been determined to be lipomas, as was the previous tumor?