Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii

My lab has been walking in some gh weeds in Florida near

Customer Question

My lab has been walking in some high weeds in Florida near bay. She is constantly shaking her head. I have put flashlight to ears but can't keep her still.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, she is walking fine, just constantly shaking head.p
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Marley, six yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Marley?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will help you.

Can you get someone to hold her so you can get a good look in her ears?

If this is impossible and she keeps shaking her head you might think about taking her to your vet or an emergency clinic. She could then be sedated and the vet could have a good look. It could be a seed awn, other plant material or a bug. The object could then be removed.

Another possibility is that she is having an allergic reaction with needs to be addressed.

I hope that this has helped. You can still contact me for the next hour.