PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Nothing is wrong with the dog. I am researching trees yard

Customer Question

Nothing is wrong with the dog. I am researching trees for my yard and want to know if a Chinese Pistache tree is toxic to dogs.
JA: OK. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Muffin 15
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Muffin?
Customer: she has several health conditions I also have Rain 5 and River 3 nothiing is wrong with any of the dogs, I just want to know about the tree before I purchase one
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, JACustomer.

What I can find about the Chinese Pistache tree is that vomiting and diarrhea may ensue should a pet consume part of the tree. This is, as with most plants, to be expected but there is no known issue of toxicosis for dogs.

If I can help further, let me know.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.