Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Ate about 15 atenolol 50 mg ta belts about 3 hours ago, No

Customer Question

Ate about 15 atenolol 50 mg ta belts about 3 hours ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: No effects so far. Name is ***** ***** be a year in Aug. Weighs about 60 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Very active. Still running around. Not acting any differ
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about what Smokey ate. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

So he got about 27 mg of atenolol per kg (2.2 pounds) body weight; we calculate all drugs in mg per kg. Give me a moment to look that up.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Her nose is cold
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

This is a pretty high dose Normally I would recommend inducing vomiting, but after 3 hours it is too late for that. It is not too last to give activate charcoal (not plain charcoal) if you have some or by an emergency vet. He may have his heart rate and blood pressure get too low, so monitoring and treating for low blood pressure is recommended.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

She may also have vomiting and lethargy. Good that she seems OK so far, but I might consider the activated charcoal, monitoring to be sure her gums stay pink not pale, and it would not hurt to get her blood pressure checked.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you! How is she doing? Can I answer any more questions?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?