PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He got some liquid ditergent in s eye. Tried washing it out

Customer Question

He got some liquid ditergent in his eye. Tried washing it out but it's still a little red
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rambo,3 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rambo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Most detergents are easily removed from the eye and the pet suffers no long-term effects. Try a cool compress on his eye for 5 minutes every hour for the next few hours.

If its not greatly reduced with the degree of irritation tomorrow, please make sure that he sees your vet to ensure that an ulcer has not formed on the cornea. You may see a glazed or white-ish appearance on the cornea if this happens. And this requires an exam and treatment from your vet promptly for the best results.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok,a compress,do you mean like a towel?

You can use a wash cloth or kitchen towel. Something similar. You can either use a few crushed up ice cubes in this towel or just cool water. You want to make sure that it's chilly on the skin but not overly cold. If it hurts against your skin, let it warm up a little.

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?