Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

My bulldog seems to be having a but head shakes and walking

Customer Question

My bulldog seems to be having a but head shakes and walking backwards a bit confused
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Nothing we have checked her everywhere. Just gave her a bath to clean out tail pocket which will cause her to act weird.
JA: What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Zoe and she will be 4 in December
JA: How old is Zoe?
Customer: 4 in December
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoe?
Customer: No she is a very healthy girl except allergies
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Maybe I better check her ears
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I would think that there is a problem with Zoe's ears. I say this because the head shaking and walking backwards could be part of a vertigo issue caused by an ear infection or middle ear infection. Even if the ears appear clean, she may have something in her middle ear. Allergies can cause had shaking as well and if you do not see anything in her ears, start her on Benadryl at 1 mg per pound of her weight every 12 hrs for a couple days to see if this will help. If there is no improvement by Monday, have your vet examine Zoe to determine the cause and treat accordingly.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I put otomox in both ears and will give her benadryl. Thank you

Perfect!! Good job! I hope that will help your sweet girl! Let me know if you have the time how she is doing. Thanks!

Hi Kasey,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta