Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

He has pooped but he continues to walk like he needs to poop

Customer Question

He has pooped but he continues to walk like he needs to poop and is panting.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I'll check.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jackson. 7. He's a giant schnauzer.
JA: How old is Jackson?
Customer: 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jackson?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that Jackson may be a bit constipated since he is trying to defecate and it is painful for him seen by the panting. The best thing you can do for now is to give Jackson a dose of Laxatone or Petromalt, available at the pet store. This is a laxative for cats but works well on dogs. Give a dose of this every 4 hrs for the first day and see how he feels. If he is feeling better and wanting to eat, this is a good sign. If he does not improve, have your vet examine Jackson since this could also indicate an obstruction that will require veterinary care.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome! I hope this helps your sweet Jackson!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta