Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is 1 yr and started with what I thought was a pulled

Customer Question

My dog is 1 yr and started with what I thought was a pulled muscle. She is now not eating and is very weak. Is this diabetes? She was walking with a limp on Friday and today has 0 energy.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds or visible injuty
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Luna Boston terrier
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna Boston Terrier?
Customer: No. Up to date with vaccines generally healthy and energetic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long has it been since she ate?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) Do you have any issues with ticks in your area?
4) What limb is she lame on?
5) Was she previously a very active dog?
6) Any history of injury?

Diabetes would be rare in such a young dog. I suspect she's likely got something else going on causing her to feel unwell and limping.