Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Went to vet yesterday with my 4 year old bijon, he would

Customer Question

hi, went to vet yesterday with my 4 year old bijon, he would screech when trying to poop. Vet said everything seemed ok but was a bit constipated from eating to many carrots. Pooped a lot this morning with large screech. he peed around noon. Was a bit concentrated looking . now has not peed or pooped since. vet said it would take a few days for carrots to get through system and he would screech, but pee is now also an issue.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sam
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sam?
Customer: Sam always pees and poos on back lawn. Since screeching when going poop , he pulls away from lawn completely.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How well has Sam been eating and drinking over the last 48 hours?
2) Any vomiting?
3) Is he resting comfortably other than the painful defecation?