Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He is 10 weeks old and a boston terrier and he was playing

Customer Question

He is 10 weeks old and a boston terrier and he was playing with D-Con mouse poison What scoukd we do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the boston terrier ate?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the boston terrier?
Customer: Dcon mouse poison
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a feeling for how much of the d-CON he might have ingested? It takes at least 50 grams (1.8 ounces) to seriously intoxicate a 22 lb dog. If you don't know how much was ingested, you should induce emesis with 3% hydrogen peroxide dosed at 5 mL (one measuring teaspoon) per 5 lbs of body weight by means of a small poultry baster placed between his cheek and cheek teeth. He should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, repeat the same dose. This is predicated upon him ingesting the d-CON within the hour.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He only weighs about 2lbs amd we are 1 hr feom the nearest vet and we do nit have peroxide. Is their anything else we could do?

There's nothing else safe for you to administer to induce emesis. If you believe that he ingested enough to intoxicate himself, picking up peroxide in the market/drug store or making the hour drive would be prudent. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?