Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

S nose is cold and he feels cold, s name is lil one and he's

Customer Question

his nose is cold and he feels cold
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** and he's 16
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lil?
Customer: He just had his spleen removed 2 weeks ago
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I will try to help you and Lil One today but I need some additional information first. Can you tell me what your concern is? is he eating, drinking, vomiting having diarrhea or anything else specific? How is he acting? is he acting normal or is he lethargic or less active than usual? does he seem to be in pain? A cold nose is not uncommon as dogs will lick their nose and it will cool as it evaporates. His body should not feel cold to the touch, though. He should feel the same body temperature as you do (although a dog's temperature is a few degrees higher than a persons normally).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He just had his spleen removed 2 weeks ago, his nose is warm now and he ate last night and is just doing what he normally does which is sleeping

If he is eating normally and not vomiting and otherwise acting normally for him then he is likely fine. The temperature of a dog's nose will change and does not really mean anything specific. Its an old wives tale that a warm nose means the dog is ill. However if you are concerned, then I recommend calling your veterinarian and discussing it with him or her as they know Lil One and can make better recommendations. If I have answered your question, please rate me so that the website will credit me for my time. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

All the best, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean he is 16 years old and he ate last night...thank you!

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions and don't forget to rate me so that the website will know that I was helpful to you, thank you.