PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

How much benedryl 5 lb dog and how often, Josie age 9, No

Customer Question

How much benedryl for a 5 lb dog and how often for sneezing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Josie age 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Josie?
Customer: No she just started it a couple days ago just signs of clear and just very slight leakage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. I'm so sorry to hear that Josie is sneezing.

We typically use caplets in dogs Josie's size. She can have 1/2 of a 25mg benadryl. Avoid the liquid, if you can, as some of the diphenhydramine liquids on the market contain products dogs should not consume. The caplets are safer. You can give this every 8-12 hours as needed for the sneezing. She may wind up being a little tired if you use the every 8 hour dosing, expect her to sleep more than normal.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Hi, JACustomer. Checking in. How are things with your companion going?