Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Looks like she is bleeding a little from her vaginas, has

Customer Question

looks like she is bleeding a little from her vaginas, has gas really bad, sits and stars at wall or sleeps
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she's about 8 she has been sprayed when she was 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Diamond?
Customer: never had pups
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 11 months ago.

Hello.

If she is having a bloody discharge, it's either coming from the vagina or from the urinary tract/ bladder. I would get a cystocentesis performed where a needle is placed into the bladder. that is how we diagnose a urinary tract infection. If that's normal, then it's probably vaginitis (infection of vagina), which can be due to bacteria or yeast. I usually treat with a round of antibiotics like Cephalexin +/- an antifungal like Ketoconazole.