Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She has inflammation and hair loss around her muzzle and

Customer Question

she has inflammation and hair loss around her muzzle and lips...we think it's an allergy. My husband just found (chewed) sidewalk chalk under the couch.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is a rescue...we think she's about 2. We took her to the vet, they prescribed antibiotics an steroids. It hasn't gone away...sometimes it is ok, then several hours later it looks angry. She noses EVERYTHING "hound dog style"
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mattie?
Customer: she was heartworm positive when we got her a year and a half ago, slow kill method was successful.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Can you attach a picture of her lips and muzzle?

When did these spots develop on her lips and muzzle?

Any antihistamines tried?

How are her stools? any vomiting?

Any scratching at her abdomen, paw licking, etc?