Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is having discomfort in her nd legs and balance is

Customer Question

She is having discomfort in her hind legs and balance is starting to be affected.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She does lick a wound on her one leg by her ankle (for lack of the proper name.) I have a GenOne spray for that. Nothing on the bottom of her feet. She is a 13 1/2 yr old German Shepherd mix.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about .?
Customer: She has one moderately high liver enzyme. Would Rovera or aspirin help with her pain and discomfort?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does she drag or cross her back legs at all?

Does she seem stiff?

Is she on any treatments for her legs or her liver?