Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

S lower eyelid is red and swollen. I think it's probably

Customer Question

His lower eyelid is red and swollen. I think it's probably allergies, and I've been using eye drops, and kind of putting warm salt water on it. Is there more I can/should do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is Grover. He's a black lab and about 11 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grover?
Customer: He has a lump on his chest, but I don't think it's related. He's had that for awhile.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

If you feel this is allergy related we can give plain Benedrly orally at 1-2 mg per pound of body weight every 8 hours. This will aid if this is indeed allergies. Continue the compress on the eye, in fact you can alternate warm and cool compresses. If this does not seem to reduce the swelling, please follow up with your Vet as soon as reasonably possible. The Benedryl May make Grover sleepy, which is normal with allergy medications.

Joan