Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

We have a golden doodle that is 3 years old, we have also

Customer Question

We have a golden doodle that is 3 years old, we have also been dog sitting another dog for 2 days now. They both are none play mode with each other. We were almost out the door to leave and noticed our dog eyes were mostly closed and rolling back. When we lay down with her she instantly closes her eyes, almost like a dark hazy to them. She is still moving around the same. Should I take her to the vet? Could she just be really tired from all the play time
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kali
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kali?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. Yes, I would definitely take her to the vet. It is possible that it could be a type of seizure or syncopal (like fainting - usually heart related) episode, a toxin ingestion or an internal injury that may be bleeding. The acute nature of the symptoms is worrisome. I would have your vet run some blood work, possibly put her on fluids and monitor her. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John