Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

We have a golden doodle age age 7 months. She has been to a

Customer Question

We have a golden doodle age age 7 months. She has been to a trainer and was house broken. But she poops about 6-7 times a day. Sometimes she rings her bells to go out sometimes she doesn't. If she rings her bells to go out to the bathroom if we are not at the door to let her out in 15 seconds or less she goes on the floor. If we are not watching her she wonders away and goes poop in random places. Why is she doing this and why does she poop so many times. She never holds it in unless she is in her crate
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problems with Amber. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is her poop normal in color and consistency or is it soft, runny, or overly hard and dry?

What is she eating?

She may be pooping more than normal, but growing puppies do poop more often than adult dogs. Have you had a stool sample checked micorscopically for the presence of parasites, blood cells, mucus, etc.?

If she can hold it in her crate, then perhaps she needs more crate training before being allowed free run of the house.

Where in the house does she poop? Any particular type of surface such as carpet or tile, or any particular room? If she is going in particular spot or on a particular surface, you cold try using baby gates to keep her off these areas.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I did not hear back from you; how is Amber doing? I hope you were able to see my response to your question. Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michell,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Amber. How is everything going?