How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 24357
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dogs ate mouse poison, It is called CAT, The product they

Customer Question

My dogs ate mouse poison
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: It is called TOM CAT
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tom?
Customer: The product they ate is call TOm CAT mouse poison
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Tom Cat Mouse products contain bromethalin - a neurotoxin which can cause muscle tremors, hyperexcitation, or seizures within hours after exposure. A more insidious sign, hind limb paresis (weakness) can appear in up to 5 days or later. If your dogs ingested this within 2 hours both should be made to vomit with 3% hydrogen peroxide dosed at 5 mL (one measuring teaspoon) per 5 lbs of body weight - maximum dose of 45 mL. They should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, repeat the same dose. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.