Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My 30 lb dog ate 1 vitafusion calcium gummy about 15 minutes

Customer Question

My 30 lb dog ate 1 vitafusion calcium gummy about 15 minutes ago. It has 500 IU of vitamin D. Do I need to do anything?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Meadow is a 10 yr old beagle.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Meadow?
Customer: No she is overall pretty healthy. Takes cousaqin supplements for some arthritis.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Meadow is safe with just one chew. The D3 dose of 0.029 mg/kg is well below the 0.1 mg/kg at 30 pounds. You may see some Vomiting or Diarrhea, but you can treat that symptomatically with bland diet.

Joan