Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

She has a UTI and has been on baytril 7 days. still unable

Customer Question

She has a UTI and has been on baytril for about 7 days. still unable to control peeing and I am seeing spots of blood around the house
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: bunny - is this normal. I thought she would be better by now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bunny?
Customer: no, this is her only problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, I am concerned to hear about Bunny's lack of treatment response. This isn't normal and we'd be concerned that either the bacteria present isn't sensitive to the Baytril or that there is another issue present as well (ie bladder stones, crystals in the urine, or even a tumor if she is older). With this all in mind, we'd want to consider a recheck with her vet. Ideally, we'd want them to take a sterile urine sample for culture to tell us what bacteria is present and what drugs it is vulnerable to. As well, if those other issues are a concern, then urinalysis will help check for crystals or tumor cells but we could also have them scan her bladder with their ultrasound to check for those as well as bladder stones. Finally, if they have not already, we'd want Bunny on an anti-inflammatory. That way we can reduce inflammation in the bladder and her discomfort which should reduce her accidents and may reduce the bleeding as well as we get this properly addressed for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )