Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He seems really congested. You can hear noise when he

Customer Question

He seems really congested. You can hear noise when he breaths. He also coughs when he pulls on his training collar, which is not normal. Otherwise he is active and eating well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bently, 1 year.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bentley?
Customer: He was neutered about 6 weeks ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have a video that shows the congested episodes you're seeing?
2) What breed is Bently?
3) Any snorting behavior?
4) How often is the coughing occurring? Just then pulling on his collar?
5) Still eating and drinking well?