Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Limping and its sunday can i give m something until i get to

Customer Question

limping and its sunday can i give him something for pain until i get to the vet tomorrow
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes..nothing we see nothing
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: benji and hes 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Benji?
Customer: front paw
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: could be displasa
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my dog is limping front paw, can i give hims something til i see the vet
Expert:  Sally G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. For pain you can give plain aspirin and I will direct you to a link for dosing and other information.

If this is the rear leg, and if the dog is holding it up at times you may be looking at a torn cruciate ligament which usually requires surgery.

Aspirin and dosing . Do not gie tylenol or Ibuprofen products

Expert:  Sally G. replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.