Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
JACustomer, thanks for your question.Most cases of promethazine ingestion are minor, however, we must be concerned that a dog with this much of an ingestion and an underlying heart problem may suffer major effects. There are significant warnings against its usage at even normal dosages in cardiac dogs. For this reason, I would take him to the ER this evening for treatment. In a cardiac dog, we need to be extra careful about induction of vomiting. Because it's such a high overdose, I'd leave this one to the professionals to offer Tripp the best outcome.
Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Checking in. How is your companion doing?