Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog yelps apparent reason. She will be lying down and

Customer Question

My dog yelps for no apparent reason. She will be lying down and yelp. No one is near here.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: She has seizures about 1 a month. She weights 7 pounds and is a rescue. Up to date on all shots.
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is around 7 years old. We have the corn syrup for when she goes into a seizure. the seizures are not connected to the yelps.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Prissy?
Customer: Everything else is normal. Our vet thinks she is overweight and we have reduced the amount of food she gets.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Prissy. I do have a few additional questions to ask about her first if you don't mind:

1. What breed of dog is she, if you can tell?

2. How often does she yelp for no obvious reason?

3. No other symptoms such as lameness or stiffness or difficulty when she stands?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb