Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He was just diagnosed with melanoma. Lasst night, my

Customer Question

He was just diagnosed with melanoma. Lasst night, my daughter noticed that his tongue was starting to turn black. Today it seems a little more pronounced. He is drooling quite a bit as well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Darth is about 14 years old, but I mad an error, He has lymphoma.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dearth?
Customer: We talked yesterday and I asked what I needed to look for that would require a call or a visit to her office. This was not mentioned. Darth was started on prednisone on Tuesday so I was concerned about how it would make him feel.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What part of his tongue is turning black is it the tip of the tongue or the back? How was he diagnosed with the lymphoma?