Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

The past few days, my dokie of almost 4 yrs has been

Customer Question

The past few days, my dokie of almost 4 yrs has been whining. I thought it was just for more attention but today she is worse and now hiding or wanting to be in my bed but I have to be with her at all times. I don't know what is wrong? She doesn't seem to be hurt at all. Can you please help me??
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: No, not at all, she is very healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought I was going to be able to get an answer right away on here about my doxie?? I didn't know I was going to have to wait 10 minutes to 24 hours??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was also told I would be connected to the Veterinarian??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello I am sorry no one picked up your question. It depends who is online at the time you write in and where you post your question. It looks like this was first posted to pet or dog not dog veterinary.

Your dog is hiding most likely due to pain. This breed is prone to disc problems in the spine and when it hurts they have a tendency to hide so as not to be picked up or touched due to pain. In fact they may snap at anyone that does approach.

If possible check the gum color. If it is white or pale please get your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible as it is serious.

If the gums are pink you can try putting a baby aspirin in with some moist food and give that to her. Let her have strict rest even if it means she stays under the bed, put some food and water under the bed with her so she does not have to move much to get it.

Give the aspirin every twelve hours for two days and give with food, but if the gums are pale or white do not give any aspirin see your vet immediately.

I am going to direct you to a site on taking the dog's vital signs so you will know if there is an emergency or if you can keep her home and keep an eye on her .

Again I am sorry that no one picked up your question sooner.

What is Normal in dogs

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs/page1.aspx