Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog, 60-65 lbs ate one of my thyroid pills at 7 am this

Customer Question

Hi my dog, 60-65 lbs ate one of my thyroid pills at 7 am this morning (88mcg) Whe is on an anti biotic and prednisone for about 5 more days of colitis. She has been quite lethargic today. Will it work itself out in 24 hrs or is there something I need to do for her.
Thank you very much
Heather
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello Heather,

Thanks for requesting me and sorry for the late reply, we are in very different time zones and I have just logged in first thing this morning and found your question.

1. Good news!. This drug is often prescribed for dogs { Levothyroxine } and my experience is that 88 mcg is not going to have any adverse effects on a 60 pound dog if given on a one off basis. There are no special measures you need take, Izzy will be just fine.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Heather,

I am just checking back in to see how Izzy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the thyroid pill incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Heather,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Izzy. How is everything going?