Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog Mozart has a wet nose and micturated and had a very

Customer Question

Hi. My dog Mozart has a wet nose and micturated and had a very good bowel movement this morning. However, he isn't hungry and he's shivering and listless. Any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Mozart. How old is Mozart?
Customer: Mozart is 2 years old. We gave him his bath last evening and he was fine and he ate his dinner. Weird....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mozart?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

What state do you live in?

Has Mozart had any new foods, treats or people food?

Any vomiting?

Does he now, or has he ever had tick exposure?

What breed of dog is he?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Lisa. We live in Sandia park, New Mexico in the east mountains. No new foods, treats or people. He vomited 3-4 days ago. It was yellow in consistency but he's has been fine. Mozart is a Bichon-Poodle.
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Have you noticed any limping or acting painful?

Do you use any tick protection on him?

When was his last vet check?