Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He has a swollen eye, very red where usually and eye

Customer Question

He has a swollen eye, very red where usually white and green eye secretion...super lethargic, resting now, however, listening to his chest/belly, sounds raspy breathing and gurgling tummy. He has been eating, drinking fine, going to the bathroom fine...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bandit, he is a 6 year old boxer...
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bandit?
Customer: a couple months ago he was poked in the same eye with a stick...took a while to heal; also when he was two he had a spontaneous phenumothorax???? had to have air from his lung sucked out...also has a narrowed aorta
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: typical boxer stuff...
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Good evening, JACustomer. Do you have a picture of the eye to share?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, he was resting when I starting writing you...

Do you prefer to share a picture when he wakes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How would one typically share a picture with you? I would have to take it with my phone...plus he is not letting touch his eye so difficult to see the redness as it seems like he wants to just keep it closed or squinting mostly.

There's an attachment function on the page. Alternately, you can use a page like tinypic.com and upload it there, and then share the link back here.