Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I'm very depressed. My microchipped Black and Tan hound

Customer Question

I'm very depressed. My microchipped Black and Tan hound dug out of the fence with a high tension wire over a week ago and it's like she dropped off the face of the earth. I've done all the ads,animal shelters and fliers with a reward,rode the roads and nothing is showing up? Any more suggestions or thoughts. She has on a leather collar with contact info. Thanks. Ann
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Ann.

Here are some additional ideas:

1) Place fliers at your vet's office.
2) Leave fliers at local grocery stores, churches, feed stores and other popular areas in your most local city.
3) Place a newspaper ad.
4) Place ads online on craigslist, pet finder, etc.
5) Make sure that your microchipping company has placed ads and that your info is up to date for registry.

Most dogs if they aren't found immediately will be gone for 2 weeks or more enjoying their freedom before they will seek the assistance of a person. This may be even further delayed for a dog that is outside of city limits and has more room to roam. Keep up the good work and don't lose hope. If her collar is still on and her chip registered, if she makes it to someone's home chances are she will make it back to you.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Raback. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done all the ad and flier stuff already. Thanks for asking. I think she is gone.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Ann, I am sorry your pup is missing but there is something else you can do beside just fliers. there is a facial recognition app where you can upload your pups face on the computer. People search that for a match when they find a dog and report a found dog. It is spread to every cell phone of someone looking to find an owner or a dog they have lost. I have tested this with my own dogs and I have found the owner of a dog I found on the highway. You may want to give it a try. It is called findingrover.com. I wish you the best.

http://www.findingrover.com/