Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

It appears she has not defacated days. Her stomach is

Customer Question

it appears she has not defacated for several days. Her stomach is pliable and she does not appear to be in pain. I have not seen her defacate for several days. I have seen her strain to go without success. No straining in the past 48 hours. She is passing gas frequently.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sadie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadie?
Customer: she is an 18 month large lab. At her last check up, she weighed in at 91 lbs. We have been cutting back her food intake to help get to a healthier weight. She does not appear over weight to me as I can feel her ribs and see a "waist line" -- we live in the country and she prefers being outside
JA: Is Sadie bleeding a lot?
Customer: no bleeding
JA: Phew. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

1) Is Sadie still eating?

2) When did she last eat?

3) Any vomiting or diarrhea?

4) Since she is outside and you're in the country, are you able to keep tabs on her defecation habits with certainty?

5) Has she had the chance to ingest anything she shouldn't have eaten like a toy, fabric, a ball, etc?