Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I got a 4 week old Chiwini puppy over the weekend. Giving m

Customer Question

I got a 4 week old Chiwini puppy over the weekend. Giving him puppy formula and he will eat a little bit of wet puppy food but I cannot get him to drink any water. he also has been dragging his butt across everything
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Doyle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Doyle?
Customer: When we got him he had fleas really bad but I got rid of those but he has little sores/scabs all over his body and itches until his hair falls out.
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon, JACustomer.

4 weeks is an extremely young puppy for someone to rehome. Did the mother of this baby refuse to raise it any longer?

Has he had his first visit to your vet's office yet?

What flea product did you use, if any?