PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He's an older dog not totally sure age as he's from the

Customer Question

Hi, he's an older dog not totally sure age as he's from the pound. We've had him 14 years. He has lots wring with him, loss of hearing, balance. He stopped eating 3 days ago. We're thinking its time and I'm trying to learn more.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Copper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Copper?
Customer: I just looked him over and checked his breathing. He just seems so tired.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Copper. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

I'm so sorry to hear that your companion is not well. How can I best help you today? Are you wanting to know the best way to determine when it's time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've heard of home services and need to let my adult kids know. My heart doesn't want him to suffer needlessly.

You're doing the right thing.

A mobile vet is often the easiest for the family. Everyone of them has a different procedure but most often they will come to the home, talk with you about what has happened, place an IV catheter and give some medication to allow your companion to rest quietly while you love on him as a family. When you're ready, they will give a final injection that will stop the heart.

After this point, you can choose to bury him at home or you can allow them to take the body for cremation. Routine cremation involves the pet being cremated at the facility and having the ashes scattered there. Private cremation means the ashes will be returned in a small vessel, similar to what they would do with a deceased human family member.

If you need any more information or have other questions, just let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy