Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I think its called her "dew claw" the claw on the side of

Customer Question

I think its called her "dew claw" the claw on the side of her paw. She was chasing her ball and it some how poked out. It is very sore to the touch. She won't let me near it. Didn't know if I should have it clipped or take her to the vet. Help!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is two years old, Chiwawa mix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoe?
Customer: just that I know she is in pain, stopped playing ball with her until its better. Don't want it to get worse. what should I do?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do I know you won't clean out my account?
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Tonight you can give her 5 mg of Aspirin per pound of body weight to aid with the pain, if she is not taking any other medications. I would give her a little something to eat when you give it. A bay aspirin is 81 mgs. as a reference. Make sure you get her into the Vet in the morning so they can clip the nail and give medication if needed. Let the Vet know you gave some aspirin tonight. If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how much does this cost? what will you do with my card number?
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

I have nothing to do with finances. It goes through the site you can contact Customer service here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help All I do is answer questions for the site and do not get paid by the site until my service is rated.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
$28? I thought it was $5.00?
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry I have nothing to do with finances. All I do is answer questions for the site. I cannot assist on charges.

Joan