Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog seems to have hurt s front leg and yelps when touched

Customer Question

My dog seems to have hurt his front leg and yelps when touched and is kinda shakes. He's a small dog, maybe a ***** ***** terror whippet mix but is adopted from a stray so not sure. I don't know how he injured it. I'm not sure if I can wait until tomorrow to take him to vet or if I should try to find an emergency vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Not that I can see
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jack and he's about two years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jack?
Customer: No, we take him to vet regularly and he's up to date on shots and all of that. He was fine earlier in the day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Does Jack do a lot of jumping up onto things or off of them?

Can you tell if there's any swelling?

Is he putting weight on that leg?