Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He is limping. has a left nd leg problem. he is only 2 years

Customer Question

He is limping. has a left hind leg problem. he is only 2 years old and very active. I am going to take him to y vet. I was wondering if aan antiinflamatory or otc pain med could be used
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: See no sign
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dewey
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dewey?
Customer: Become anxious when take to the vet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 3 months ago.

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Dewey.

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to earn your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• How long has Dewey been limping?
  • Are you able to localize where it hurts?
  • Is he acting okay otherwise?

I’ll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you for using our website.