Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My westie cant walk today. he is 8, i am out of town. my

Customer Question

my westie cant walk today. he is 8
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: i am out of town. my wife said he bumped his head yesterday but was ok last night
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: polo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Polo?
Customer: he has had problems with staff infections for years and also has a thyroid issu
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Westie. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When you say he can't walk, is he down, unable to get up, paralyzed? Or can he at least move his legs, or get up part way? Since I can't see or examine him, the more information I have the more I can help. My mental image is a dog down on the ground, unable to get up or move his legs; is this correct? How long has he been not able to walk?