PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have 9 six weeks labradors, but one of them has always

Customer Question

I have 9 six weeks labradors, but one of them has always been little and more sleepy than the rest, I read that they call the the runt of the litter, but today he started to pop brown, reddish water. They got their vaccines and deworm yesterday. I been giving him vitamins and extra feedings, I am worry :(
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help The. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about The?
Customer: No I think that is it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

Who provided the vaccines and dewormer?

Was a fecal exam performed before the dewormer was given?

What dewormer was used?

Are you seeing any vomiting?

How is his appetite?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No vomiting, he is not eating good, he has always been slow eater, I feed him like more times a day, because I know he will eat a little bit. No test was done, they asked me how were they doing, but they were all fine, I honestly of not know the name of the dewormer.

At this age, we have to be worried about distemper and parvo, but another concern that we can have is that the dewormer may have caused him to become symptomatic because the parasite load he carried was large. Sometimes we can cause the pets to become ill when we deworm them, although this tends to be fairly uncommon in comparison to the risk of parvo and distemper.

I would recommend having him examined no later than tomorrow morning and a parvo test performed on the stool along with a fecal exam to determine if there are any parasites present. I recommend this because distemper and parvo can be life threatening and we would be wise to err on the wide of caution in those animals with similar symptoms, such as the suspect bloody stool.

Distemper: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2102&aid=419

Parvo: https://www.avma.org/public/PetCare/Pages/canine-parvovirus.aspx

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is the puppy?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy