PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Skin infection. We have Minocycline 100 mg on hand. Can we

Customer Question

Skin infection. We have Minocycline 100 mg on hand. Can we use it? If so, what is dosage for 75 lb Golden Retriever?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nutmeg.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nutmeg?
Customer: She is @ 14 years old (not sure of age - she was a rescue. But we have had her for 13 years).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question, JACustomer.

Minocycline is sometimes used for skin infections. The typical dose for dogs is 2.2 to 5.4 mg per pound (5 to 12 mg/kg) every 12 hours to 24 hours orally. You can find that information and more here: http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/minocycline-minocin-dynacin

That totals 165mg to 405mg per dosage.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Thanks for your question, JACustomer.

That totals 165mg to 405mg per dosage.

Good morning, JACustomer. Are there any other questions I can answer for you in regards ***** ***** usage of Minocycline?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy