Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog is 16 he has had cancer in s mouth treated with

Customer Question

My dog is 16 he has had cancer in his mouth treated with chinese remedy. Today he has collapsed twice and his paws are cold. How do i know if its his time? Thankyou
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Whipper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Whipper?
Customer: No he has been a very active dog despite his good age
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now this is something to consider after Whipper's collapse and signs of poor circulation today. This could be related to his heart, anemia (low red blood cell levels) or if sudden then an internal bleed is a real worry. Therefore, we'd want to check his gums to ensure they are as pink as usual, though any paling and we may need to have him seen right away.

Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** question, we would decide it was time to let him go if he is having more bad days and struggles then good days. If his cancer is getting him down and preventing him from doing everything he loved to do when he was younger, then it is time. So, please do check his gums to decide if we are in an urgent situation where we need to have him seen and consider Whipper's quality of life just not to help you know if it is time to let him go so that we can keep him safe from suffering.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?