Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a French bulldog that is only 6 months old and she is

Customer Question

I have a French bulldog that is only 6 months old and she is having vision problems it has been going on for 2 days
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the bulldog?
Customer: She is walking into things and acts like she can't see
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the bulldog's name?
Customer: Lola
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: No she is only 6 months old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your puppy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Sudden blindness in a dog can be from glaucoma (usual in a dog this young, however), from a condition called optic neuritis, from SARD (sudden acquired retinal dysfunction) or PRA (progressive retinal atrophy; an inherited condition).

She should see a veterinarian as soon as possible. If this is SARDS or PRA, nothing will help, but if she has glaucoma or optic neuritis, the sooner she is treated, the better chance of her blindness getting better.

Are her pupils dilated (enlarged)? Is she eating and drinking normally?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent; I have not heard back from you. How is she doing? Can I help with anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

How is Lola doing?