Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My sister's dog is very ill with 106 temperature, she's been

Customer Question

My sister's dog is very ill with 106 temperature, she's been to 5 different vets in 2 weeks... could this be Hantavirus? He might of eaten something harmful or been poisoned....he's in a hospital now. He's up to date on all vaccinations....the other dog is fine... we're at a dead end! Please any suggestions will be appreciated!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: No idea
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: We don't know anything about his family history. He was dumped at my work almost 2 years ago.... nothing I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to ask a few questions to better assess what is happening with your sister's dog.

1. Age? Current on heartworm and flea/tick prevention?

2. If blood work, radiographs or other diagnostics have been done, what were the results?

3. What were his symptoms besides the very high fever

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to helping you.

Hello, I did not receive any response regarding my questions. Can I be of further assistance?