Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I'm worried because our 4 month old Boston Terrier has

Customer Question

I'm worried because our 4 month old Boston Terrier has ingested a 25mg pill of Seroquel. I've tried to get her to vomit by giving her salt water and a small ball of washing powder. She still hasn't vomitted and it's been about 25 mins since she's eaten the pill.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Boston terrier will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Boston terrier?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

Seroquel (quetiapine) appears to be well-tolerated in dogs. Dogs receiving quetiapine for 6 or 12 months developed focal triangular cataracts occurring at the junction of posterior sutures in the outer cortex of the lens at a dose of 100 mg/kg, or 4 times the maximum recommended human dose on a mg/m2 basis. I wouldn't continue to induce emesis. Somnolence (sleepiness) may be noted but significant toxicity isn't expected. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.