Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital
70197007

My dog was fine this morning but earlier today, he urinated

Customer Question

My dog was fine this morning but earlier today, he urinated an excessive amount on the floor while standing in place and vomited up his dinner from last night about an hour later. Has coughed a little, about six times today, after barking. He has had 3 bowel movements today, which appeared normal and has been resting for the last two hours but is breathing hard and fast (not panting at all, but is drawing in his abdomen with each breath). Not weezing. Heart rate seems normal at rest. Gums are pink and responsive.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we can tell and the vomit was not excessive..about a half cup of undigested dry dog food.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Riley. He is a 10 yr old schnauzer.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Riley?
Customer: He has had two past bouts with pancreatitis and is on a prescription diet. Beyond that, he has always been in excellent health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to ask a few additional questions to assess what may be happening with Riley. With his past history of pancreatitis, when was his last blood work done? Is today the first day you have noticed a cough? Is he lethargic (doesn't want to take a walk)? Thank you!

Hello, I did not receive a response to my initial questions, can I be of further assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to not respond. By the time I'd gotten your first response, my dog had already been admitted to our local emergency vet with heart failure. He is stable now and undergoing treatment.

No worries! I am glad you had him seen. I was trying to assess for congestive heart failure, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc in my original line of questioning. If you have additional questions once he's released, let me know!

Expert:  Christi Belew replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

doccsb