Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

My dog is drooling. We had a serious mouse infestation in

Customer Question

My dog is drooling. We had a serious mouse infestation in the basement and the dog lived down there--he doesn't like stairs or wood floors. I am moving out tomorrow, but my son-in-law put mouse poison down yesterday and is finding dead mice all over the garage and basement. Now the dog is drooling and will not eat. All of my dogs eat poop.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: I thought he just ate his dog food. I've never seen him drool before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He has a thyroid problem and is overweight. He is taking thyroid medication.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does anyone actually work for this company?????
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forget it. Refund my deposit. I do not believe this is a valid company.
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear that your dog is sick. Based on the history you have provided, the first thing I would want to rule out is that he ingested a dead mouse because that would poison him as well. I would recommend that you find the package that contains the mouse bait that he was potentially exposed to, and take it with you and him to the nearest ER clinic. Mouse and rat bait can be fatal to dogs. - Dr. C