Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 1 1/2 year shiz tsu just was playing with an sos pad with

Customer Question

My 1 1/2 year shiz tsu just was playing with an sos pad with my sisters dog. His mouth and feet were blue. I washed him, but not sure if he ate any. He as
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He also has renal dysplasia
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 1 /2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your quesiton.

Do you know if he tore the pads up, or did he just play with it?

Was the pad whole?

How long ago did he get into it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He was plating with another dog and they tore it up. They got into it about 1/2 hour ago when I found them
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The pad was 1/2
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

Okay...great. Thanks for the additional information.

So the thing we worry about at this point is the possibility of an intestinal obstruction or puncture from the steel wool if he ingested any.

There's no real way to tell if he ate it is with an x-ray of his belly, so if this were my dog, I would have him seen by an emergency vet in your area so they can take a picture of his digestive tract and see if there's steel wool in it.

If there is and it's still in the stomach, they will be able to use an endoscope to remove it, rather than finding out about it a week from now and requiring that he need emergency surgery to have the mass removed.

There's no real concern with the soap that was on the outside of the pad, it's the steel wool itself that we worry about.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Lisa